Ways to Give
The Great Give
Today and tomorrow the Blessing Pantry is participating in the 36-hour online fundraiser "The Great Give" for nonprofits in the Greater New Haven area. The event has started and runs until 8pm on Thursday, 5/4. There are various prizes that we are eligible for, based on your donations, and would add to our fundraising efforts, so please spread the word and consider making a donation to help us help our neighbors!
Last year, we served almost 13,000 people between daily pantry usage, all the giveaways, as well as the Holiday Dinner Boxes for Thanksgiving and Christmas. And now that our pantry is becoming more well-known in the community, that number will surely be surpassed as we continue to see rising food, gas and utilities costs.
You can find us at Give to The Blessing Pantry/Trinity Episcopal Church | The Great Give. No gift is too small to make a difference!
How does the Blessing Pantry work?
• Once a month a team travels to Manchester, CT to collect an average of 6,000 pounds of food donations.
• Local businesses provide us weekly with baked goods.
• We receive fresh produce during the growing season and sometimes fresh eggs.
• The Blessing Pantry garden allows for neighbors to come and pick their own fruits and vegetables.
• We receive amazing support from our parishioners and neighbors during food drives in the community including Oxford Ambulance, National Honor Society Students and football players at Seymour High School, individuals who create their own donation locations in their neighborhoods or at work, and neighbors who drop off food donations to the yellow and black bins at the end of the Trinity Church building.
• We receive monetary donations throughout the year in our collection plate on Sundays, through the mail and on our website.
We are grateful to say that 100% of the money collected is used to stock the pantry, which is made possible for two reasons:
• We are supported by a team of volunteers led by our dedicated Coordinators, Debbie Engstrom and Aaron Smith, who also donate their time.
• Trinity Church provides a space, free of charge, for the pantry and garden to operate.
Neighbors helping neighbors - whether it's one packet of gravy or a large monetary donation, none of this would be possible without each and every one of our donors and volunteers. Email us if you are interested to participate.
Thank you and God Bless!