Thank you for joining us on Giving Tuesday! The fight against hunger is a great challenge and at the Blessing Pantry we fight it every day.
If you're not familiar, the Blessing Pantry...
• is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
• provides up to 9,000 pounds of food each month in our pantry for our neighbors.
• runs Giveaway Days, 3 Thursdays each month
• asks no questions. Our neighbors' privacy, pride and dignity are important to us.
How do we do it?
• The Blessing Pantry garden allows for neighbors to come and pick their own fruits and vegetables.
• We receive fresh produce during the growing season and sometimes fresh eggs.
• Once a month a team travels to Manchester, CT to collect an average of 6,000 pounds of food donations.
• TEAM Inc. and Bozzutto's provides a monthly donation of fresh foods.
• Freihofer's of Naugatuck and Big Y of Derby provide us weekly with bread and baked goods.
• We receive amazing support from our parishioners and neighbors during food drives in the community including Oxford Ambulance, National Honor Society Students and football players at Seymour High School, individuals who create their own donation locations in their neighborhoods or at work, and neighbors who drop off food donations to the yellow and black bins at the end of the Trinity Church building.
• We receive monetary donations throughout the year in our collection plate on Sundays, through the mail and on our website.
• We have a team of volunteers led by our dedicated Coordinators, Debbie Engstrom and Cheryl Dainiak, who all donate their time. We are grateful to say that 100% of the money collected is used to stock the pantry.
Neighbors helping neighbors - whether it's one packet of gravy or a large monetary donation, none of this would be possible without each and every one of our donors and volunteers.
Thank you and God Bless!